Pakość (Eng. version)

Town Pakość

WHEN GOING EASTWARDS FROM INOWROCŁAW , WE CAN NOTICE A TYPICAL LANDSCRABE OF GOPLO AND KUJAWY . A SMALL TOWN PAKOSC IS LOCATED SOME 12 KILOMETRES AWAY FROM INOWROCŁAW , IN A LITTLE VALLEY , NEAR THE NOTEC, A RIVER WHICH  LEADS ITS WATERS  LAZILY .

 

 

 THE NAME „PAKOSC” COMES FROM  A KNIGHT’S NAME PAKOSLAW FROM THE ADWANCS . IT IS POSSIBLE THAT ONE OF THEM FOUNDED A SMALL  FISHINGVILLAGE AMONG MUD CLOSE TO THE RIVER . HE COULD HAVE GIVEN  THE NAME FROM HIS NAME .

 

 

A TIME AGO PAKOŚĆ AND ITS SURROUNDINGS  BELONGED TO THE PRINCES OF KUJAWY . THEN  THE KOTOWSKIS HANDED IT OVER  . DURING THE REFORMATION PAKOŚĆ WAS A CENTER OF  REFORMATIVE ACTIVITIES .

NEXT THE DZIAŁYŃSKIS SETTLED DOWN HERE . AFTER 1608  A LOCAL PRIEST  WOJCIECH KESICKI  , FAMOUS FOR  HIS KNOWLEDGE OF  CALVARY AND DETAILS ABOUT AUTHENTIC PLACES WHERE JESUS CHRIST DIED , NOTICED THAT PAKOŚĆ AND ITS SURROUNDINGS  WAS SIMILAR TO AUTHENTIC PLACES IN JERUSALEM . HE DECICED TO BUILD UP THE CALVARY IN PAKOSĆ BASED ON THE CALVARY IN ZEBRZYDOWICE  , WHICH WAS JUST FINISHED IN 1602 .

IN THAT TIME THE DZIAŁYŃSKI OWNED PAKOŚĆ . THAT FAMILY HELPED PRIEST KĘSICKI  TO BUILT  A CHURCH AND SEVERAL CROSSES .

HERE IS A PART OF ANCIENT CHRONICLE:

‘’ NEAR A SMALL TOWN PAKOŚĆ THERE IS A NEW CALVARY OR JERUSALEM . PRIEST  KĘSICKI  ADVICED MICHAEL OF THE DZIAŁYŃSKIS TO DESIGN , FOUND UP AND BUILD

A GROUP OF CROSSES AND CHURCHES  IN MEMORY OF ALL THOSE PLACES IN JERUSALEM  WHICH WERE CONNECTED WITH THE DEATH OF JESUS CHRIST .

PAUL OF THE DZIAŁYŃSKIS , MICHAEL’S BROTHER  DECIDED TO REPLACE THOSE CROSSES WITH SMALLER OR BIGGER CHAPELS . IT WAS ALSO CONFIRMED IN INOWROCŁAW IN 1631 . ‘’

FIRST CEREMONY WITH WALKING FROM ONE CHAPEL TO ANOTHER PRIEST KĘSICKI

PERFORMED IN 1628 . SINCE THEN MORE AND MORE PEOPLE HAVE TAKEN A PART IN IT .

HIGH PRIEST JOHN WĘŻYK ACCEPTED THE CALVARY IN A SPECIAL DOCUMENT WHICH WAS SENT FROM SKIERNIEWICE IN 1629 .

 

NOWADAYS THE PAKOŚĆ CALVARY CONSISTS OF  SIX CHAPELS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF NOTECRIVER  AND NINETEEN ONES ON THE LEFT SIDE . IT IS BUILT IN THE BAROQUE STYLE AND  HAS TWO ROUTES IN THE MEMORY OF JESUS CHRIST  DEATH .

 

 

 

 

 

THE MOST IMPORTANT CHAPEL ARE THE BIGGEST  ONES . FOR EXAMPLE  THE CHAPEL OF  HEAVENWARD  . THE TWO HISTORICAL ACTS ARE CONNECTED WITH THE PLACE :

 

 

IN 1655 WHEN  THE SWEDISH INVADED POLAND , THE SWEDISH SOLDIERS MURDERED PRIEST URBAN STERNALSKI  ,  WHO WAS GOING TO A SICK MAN . A TIME LATER AT THE SAME PLACE POLISH SOLDIERS DID THE SAME WITH THEIR ENEMIES .

 

IN 1769 PLOISH PATRIOTS WERE FIGHTING WITH RUSSIANS NEAR THE CHAPEL . BECAUSE SEVENTY-NINE POLES WERE KILLED IN ACTION , THEY WERE GRAVED IN TWO BIG GRAVES . TODAY THERE IS A BOARD WITH A SENTENCE ON IT – „FOR  BAR CONFEDERATES  KILLED IN PAKOŚĆ IN 1769 FROM GRATEFUL HOMEPEOPLE „ .

 

 

 

 

THE MOST REMARABLE CHAPELS ARE : CHAPEL OF THE LAST  DINNER ,

 

 

 

  SAINT VERONIQUE CHAPEL

 

 AND CHAPEL OF  CHRIST ON THE CROSS , WHICH IS  LOCALCHURCH UP TO TODAY .


 

THE THREE WONDERFUL CHAPELS WERE BUILT  BY MARCIN UMINSKI , POLISH ARMY OFFICER . CHANCEL.IN THE CHAPEL OF  CRUCIFIXATION  HAS BEEN RE-BUILT  , NEVERTHELESS THE SIDE. CHANCELS ARE ORIGINAL.

VERY INTERESTING ONE IS SO CALLED CASTLE OF HEROD .

 

 

THIS CASTLE WAS BUILT AFTER 1678 . IT WAS FOUNDED BY PRIEST  WIESZ  .  IT IS CONFIRMED  WITH A SPECIAL BOARD LOCATED ON THE WALL OF THE CHAPEL .

IN 1631 THE THREE BROTHERS OF DZIAŁYŃSKI – KASPER , MICHAEL AND PAUL SUBMITTED THE CALVARY AND ITS SURROUNDINGS TO PRIESTS AND GAVE OWN CASTLE FOR THEIR MASON .

 

 

NEXT , HIGH PRIEST OF GNIEZNO JOHN WEŻYK LET THE PRIESTS COME IN AND TURN THE CASTLE INTO THE CHURCH . IN 1678 THANKS TO PRIESTHOOD ALL THOSE CHAPELS WERE MORE AND MORE IMPORTANT FOR POLES .

 

 

IN 1838 GERMAN AUTHORITIES CANCELLED THE CALVARY AND THE CHURCH LOST ITS IMPORTANCE  AND BECAME ONLY A LOCAL CHAPEL .

 

 

ON THE FIRST OF MAY 1841 MARCIN DUNIN , HIGH PRIEST  CAME HERE TO SAY THANK – YOU  FOR SETTING FREE FROM THE JAIL IN KOLOBRZEG . HE , ALSO , LED  PEOPLE  FROM ONE CHAPEL TO ANOTHER  WALKING  TO CELEBRATE THE EASTER . OVER 30 000 MEN AND WOMEN WALKED WITH HIM .

 

 

IN OCTOBER 1931 PRIEST CAME TO THE CALVARY AGAIN . THEY BUILT UP A  SMALL HOUSE  NEAR AND STARTED TO SERVE ALL VISITORS . PRIEST  JAKUB KUBICA WAS THE FIRST CHIEF THERE AND STAYED FOR THE NEXT THREE YEARS .

 

 

DURING THE SECOND WORLD WAR THE CALVARY WAS DESERTED . ALL THE PRIESTS WERE JAILED OR MURDERED .  IN 1945 ALL  RELIGIOUS CELEEBRATIONS WERE RESTARTED .

 

THE CALVARY OF  PAKOŚĆ WAS NOT ONLY TO STRENGHTHEN THE RELIGIOUS LIFE  IN  DISCRICT  , BUT ALSO IT WAS A CENTER OF POLISH  NATIONALITY IN POLAND  .

TO PROVE IT  I WANT TO MENTION ABOUT  THE POLISHSCHOOL  NEAR THE CHURCH ,

WHERE LOCAL PRIESTS PLAYED LIKE  TEACHERS .THE CALVARY OF PAKOSC IS THE SECOND OLDEST  IN POLAND .  IT IS WORTH OF REMEMBERING AND VISITING  BECAUSE OF TRADITION AND LOCATION .

LET   IT   BE THE CENTER OF CATHOLIC AND  POLISH WAY OF LIFE  FOR EVER .



 

  

                                                                                                                  A.J

 

  PAKOSC , MARCH 28TH  2000

 

 
   


 

 

 

 

 

 

 







Dodaj komentarz do tej strony:
Twoje imię:
Twoja wiadomość:

 
[umfrage]
Reklama
 
Godzina na Kujawach
 
Licznik odwiedzin
 
Darmowy licznik odwiedzin
licznik odwiedzin
 
Dzisiaj stronę odwiedziło już 3 odwiedzający (14 wejścia) tutaj!
=> Chcesz darmową stronę ? Kliknij tutaj! <=